Our latest electric fence repairs Northcliff in Johannesburg were in Acacia Road. This was one of our jobs which involved repairing an older electric fence that was falling apart and needed some urgent attention.
Our client, Shirley, requested a quote on rewiring a 24 metre section of old electric fencing.
We went and did a site inspection and found that her energiser and electric fence brackets were still in good working condition; so no work was required there. If a new energizer had been necessary this would have increased the cost significantly.
Electric Fence Repairs Weltevreden Park – Acacia Road
The quote included the following:
- Rewire a total length of 138 meters. Remember that the electric fence can have 5 or more strands of wire that run the length of the fence. In this case we used aluminium wire – but there other options for the type of electric fence wire.
- 6 new spring hooks and tensioners.
- A couple of extra warning signs. Remember there are electric fence regulations governing the spacing, placing and design of electric fencing warning signs.
- A handful of aluminium ferrules.
- For the rewiring and fixing of this fence we estimated between 1.5 and 2 hours to complete the work.
Once Shirley accepted the quote we scheduled and completed the work and had a happy client.
Don’t leave your electric fencing to degrade; ensure you are always safe and that your fence is kept in good condition with regular maintenance. Frequent checks will also mean that, when repairs are necessary, the costs won’t be exorbitant.